The CIAL Dun & Bradstreet COVID-19 Impact Index provides a robust view of important factors impacting businesses during the new coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Given the global scope of the current pandemic, we see massive disruption not only to individual businesses but also to their overall relationships (business’ customers as well as their supply chains).
Through the COVID-19 Impact Index, CIAL Dun & Bradstreet has brought the depth and breadth of our global data to bear for improved decision making. By providing insights into business connections along with specific COVID-19 dynamic information regarding locations and industry, we are uniquely positioned to develop an integrated impact assessment from both a risk and opportunity perspective.
Our analysis can provide actionable insights to assist as you:
- Manage risks to your cash flow by identifying accounts in your portfolio that require immediate attention and planning a segmentation strategy to work with your customers through these difficult times.
- Modify your go-to-market approach to grow pipeline, revenue and protect profitability by combining the concepts of fit, intent to purchase, and risk associated with target accounts.
- Develop a risk-based assessment process for your supply chain, monitoring your Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers to determine where you may need to create contingency plans or plan for financial or logistical flexibility.
How the COVID-19 Impact Index Assesses Company Resilience
At a high level, the COVID-19 Impact Index considers four core factors which help to demonstrate a multi-dimensional view of the impact to an individual business by considering its location(s), industry, and credit health, as well as its network:
- Company Location Impact Percentile Rank—assesses business site and corporate family locations subject to lockdown, stay-in-home, and shelter-in-place locations weighted by the number of confirmed cases and growth in cases by location.
- Company Industry Impact Percentile Rank—utilizes refined Dun & Bradstreet’s industry classifications with deeper data to identify businesses that: are essential; can operate remotely; require the physical presence of customers; and require employees to be at a central location.
- Company Health Impact Percentile Rank—assesses a company’s health using Dun & Bradstreet’s predictive scores, such as the Failure Score, Commercial Credit Score, and Viability Rating. Our studies of prior natural disasters show that pre-disaster credit health is one of the topmost predictors of a business’s ability to survive.
- COVID-19 Impact Percentile Rank—is based on business connections with other businesses, such as customers, suppliers, or other third parties.
The COVID-19 Impact Index uses a percentile ranking for more precise information. The parameters and factor weighting can change daily, as available information and distributions change. Weekly or monthly refreshes allow you to gain timely insights.
Contact CIAL Dun & Bradstreet as our specialists are available to consult with you on how to utilize the COVID-19 Impact Index and our other resources, not only to assess and mitigate risks, but also to identify areas of focus for opportunities for growth.